Pokemon Showdown

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Give us your best

**ATTENTION** The Pokémon Showdown forum is undergoing heavy maintenance and complete revamp. This site WILL still be going during the revamp, but small and/or critical changes are to be expected at any moment. If you have any suggestions, PM Maccyrp or Sergievrpl21. Make sure to check the forums often for updates.

People in the tourney

Sergielvrpl21 pokefan2543 ty9898 sinisterecho98 ode

Point system

Here are how many points are gained for finishing a battle:

- Finish a battle without victory: 2 points for participation (DCing grants no points)

- Draw: 5 points for both player

- Victory against any member: 10 points

- Victory against a gym leader: 50 points

- Victory against an elite: 100 points

All battles must be posted in a forum topic to keep track of your battle results and points to avoid cheating to get extra points. Any battle done before the point system was implemented will grant no points.

2 posters

Mac's Blaze Blaziken signature set!

Macsterstudios
    Macsterstudios
    Admin

Mac's Blaze Blaziken signature set! Empty Mac's Blaze Blaziken signature set!

Post  Macsterstudios Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:02 pm

I used Blaziken alot so I thought I'd make some sets for it. This is my personal Signature set for Blaziken. Don't claim its your own Razz

~ Maccy's Signature Blaziken ~
    Move 1: Endure
    Move 2: Reversal
    Move 3: Blaze Kick
    Move 4: Acrobatics
    EVs: 255 Speed, 255 Attack (any stat other than these two is useless, and any HP, Defence or Special Defence EV will hinder this Blaziken)
    Nature: Lonely (+atk -def)
    Ability: Blaze
    Item: Salac Berry
    Role: Physical Pinch Sweeper
    Comments: This is my signature Blaziken, and one that is extremely uncommon judging by the fact I never seen anyone using it beside the people that battled me first (and thus saw this Blaziken). This Blaziken relies on using Endure to survive with 1HP and thus use pinch advantages. This is an extremely risky tactic that will fail against any priority moves, but if used right it will do severe damage. After using endure, blaziken will use its Salac Berry, giving it a base speed of 120 instead of 80 (which is faster than most pokémon of its tier) Being at 1HP will maximum the power of Reversal, bringing it up to 200 (base power, with 100% accuracy). Note that this move is a fighthing type, just as Blaziken, meaning Blaziken will enjoy a 50% base power for this move, bringing the fearsome power of the move up to 300. Again, keep in mind that not only does this move have an accuracy of 100, it also has a high amount of PPs. The fact Blaziken is at 1HP will also activate Blaze, giving it a power boost for its Blaze Kick, not to mention Blaziken already has STAB bonus. However, Reversal will still remain much more powerful. Then finaly, Acrobatics also gains advantage from the pinch: the fact Blaziken uses his Salac Berry will double the power of Acrobatics, giving it a 110 base power flying type move. This Blaziken will deal crazy damage, though reversal will always remain your main move. The two others are just in case you are dealing with pokémon with a x4 resistance or imunity to fighting type moves.
    Countering: Any priority moves will clean this Blaziken out of the way. Also, having poison spikes will ruin this Blaziken, and sandstorm/hail will too. If you plan on using this Blaziken make sure you have a good support pokémon to change the weather and rapid spin. Having a pokémon carrying Sunny Day for exemple will allow to clear the weather out of dangers, and also power up Blaziken's Blaze Kick.
    Suggestions/Variations: Using an Hasty Nature instead of Lonely could allow you to boost its speed reducing the danger of being outspeeded, but however remember this Blaziken relies on 1HKOs, so not having the attack boost can be a minus. Also, having stealth rock is a good idea to keep focus sashes from ruining this ken.

Please leave comments ^-^
    Oak
    Oak

Mac's Blaze Blaziken signature set! Empty Re: Mac's Blaze Blaziken signature set!

Post  Oak Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:32 pm

Well to start Adamant nature is a better choice over Lonely, Jolly if you want max Speed. You should invest 6EV's into HP if not another stat because you can use Endure anytime during the battle, 255 in any stat is worthless. Unless I'm mistaken Pinch Berries are banned (I could be wrong, they are banned form most if not all OU game play), so this set is illegal like Speed Boost Blaziken which is better because it can have Hi Jump Kick/Flare Blitz/Brave Bird/Protect giving it the same coverage as your set but with stronger attacks (excluding Reversal at 1hp) and either Life Orb for boosted damage or Leftovers for hp recovery after Flare Blitz/Brave Bird.

Just some thoughts on the set.
    Macsterstudios
    Macsterstudios
    Admin

Mac's Blaze Blaziken signature set! Empty Re: Mac's Blaze Blaziken signature set!

Post  Macsterstudios Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:08 pm

Oak wrote:Well to start Adamant nature is a better choice over Lonely, Jolly if you want max Speed. You should invest 6EV's into HP if not another stat because you can use Endure anytime during the battle, 255 in any stat is worthless. Unless I'm mistaken Pinch Berries are banned (I could be wrong, they are banned form most if not all OU game play), so this set is illegal like Speed Boost Blaziken which is better because it can have Hi Jump Kick/Flare Blitz/Brave Bird/Protect giving it the same coverage as your set but with stronger attacks (excluding Reversal at 1hp) and either Life Orb for boosted damage or Leftovers for hp recovery after Flare Blitz/Brave Bird.

Just some thoughts on the set.

I get your point of using adamant, but in this case its prefered Lonely. This is because this strategy relies on getting Blaziken to one HP in a single turn so you wont have to risk double use of Endure. The fact lonely reduces your defence makes this more likely to happen, so its more efficient. And in addition, pinch berries are 100% legal, and they are in fact quite popular. The point of this set is to use Endure straight off the bat. And also, all the stats other than speed and attack are useless: you need to get to 1HP at your first turn to use all power of this set, any defence or HP gain will hinder you. And for the sp attack stat... I guess its self-explanatory why you shouldn't invest in it as this Blaziken is 100% Physical
    Oak
    Oak

Post  Oak Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:01 pm

Well after doing a little looking into the whole pinch berry topic I've discovered I was right in the first place. Pinch berries are banned from OU metagame (because they are unavailable without hacks such as Gen/Sav/AR) meaning that this set is illegal. So I stand by the original statement that SB Blaziken would be better. If this is a revenge killer like you said then you are relying to much on the chance that they don't have priority moves and unlike common revenge killers such as Latios/Infernape it requires that specific conditions be met.
    Macsterstudios
    Macsterstudios
    Admin

Post  Macsterstudios Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:27 pm

Oak wrote:Well after doing a little looking into the whole pinch berry topic I've discovered I was right in the first place. Pinch berries are banned from OU metagame (because they are unavailable without hacks such as Gen/Sav/AR) meaning that this set is illegal. So I stand by the original statement that SB Blaziken would be better. If this is a revenge killer like you said then you are relying to much on the chance that they don't have priority moves and unlike common revenge killers such as Latios/Infernape it requires that specific conditions be met.

I hope you are aware we do not use Smogon rules here
    Oak
    Oak

Post  Oak Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:09 pm

Not using Smogon's rules is unorthodox, what are your guild lines for Ubers? OU? UU? RU? Still the pinch berry requires a "hack" (although not truly a hack people with continue to call it that) and anyone you battle that's not a gym leader/E4 is not under your site rules so if you and I were to battle that set is illegal unless it was your E4 or agreed upon before hand.
    Macsterstudios
    Macsterstudios
    Admin

Post  Macsterstudios Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:11 pm

Oak wrote:Not using Smogon's rules is unorthodox, what are your guild lines for Ubers? OU? UU? RU? Still the pinch berry requires a "hack" (although not truly a hack people with continue to call it that) and anyone you battle that's not a gym leader/E4 is not under your site rules so if you and I were to battle that set is illegal unless it was your E4 or agreed upon before hand.

I said "rules", not "tiers"
    Oak
    Oak

Post  Oak Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:43 pm

Tiers are rules. Pokemon in the OU tier would be defined as pokemon permitted in games involving Ubers and Overused pokemon. A tier is just a guild line or a rule of what pokemon are permitted in different battles.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:52 pm